FBLA - Future Business Leaders of America
FBLA dues are $15 and may be paid to Mrs. Carter or Mrs. Tillman or on MySchoolBucks.
Now accepting members for the 2021-2022 school year!
Cook High School FBLA recently received the Silver Chapter of the Year Award at the State Virtual Leadership Conference.
Congratulations to the following students for earning Business Achievement Awards: James Heard - Future and Greg Olson - Leader.
Check us out on social media -- Cook High School FBLA on Facebook and Twitter and @cookfbla on Instagram. Georgia FBLA can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Senior FBLA members who have earned the Future and Business level BAA during high school will be awarded a cord. Future, Business, Leader, and America BAA levels must be earned in order. Senior FBLA members who have earned the Future, Business, Leader, and America level BAA during high school will be awarded a tricord. DUE DATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2022.
See Mrs. Tillman to receive login information for the Business Achievement Awards (BAA). You will receive a Level Award upon completion and verification of the online program. DUE DATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2022.
* Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
* Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their world.
* Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
* Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
* Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
* Encourage and practice efficient money management.
* Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
* Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
* Facilitate the transition from school to work.
Activities Planned for 2021 - 2022
* SLOTS (Virtual in July/August)
* Sign-Up for BAA
* Fall Rally will now be CREW (Virtual in October)
* Fall Leadership Conference - FUEL (Virtual in November)
* Toys for Cook Kids (November/December)
* Region Competition: Virtual (December)
* Region Leadership Conference (Virtual in January)
* FBLA Week Activities (February)
* March of Dimes Service Projects and Fundraisers (February)
* State Leadership Conference in Atlanta (Virtual in March)
* National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, CA (Virtual - June-July, 2021)
* Many, many more . . .
Cook High FBLA on Talk 92.1
Cook High’s CTSO Future Business Leaders of America spoke to Scott James at Talk 92.1 on November 4, 2020. Caia Davis, President; Greg Olson, Vice-President; and James Heard, Secretary interviewed with Scott James to share with Cook County what FBLA has been working on this school year.
Officers shared with Talk 92.1 the service activities that FBLA has been involved in thus far. FBLA has been collecting canned food for the Feed Georgia Campaign. The collected items will be donated to Toys for Cook Kids and be distributed to needy families in Cook County. In addition, FBLA will also collect toys for this project through December 4.
Our club officers were very excited to represent Cook High FBLA and to be “on air” at our local radio station.